Jun 29, 2011
if a ptn is hcv reactive how much is it likely to be hcv positive..and is positive should initiation of treatment be prompt or depending upon the ptn condition..
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Most patients who are antibody positive do have virus in their blood, which implies chronic infection.
However, the decision to initiate treatment depends on whether the patient has liver disease. Not everyone with virus in their blood has liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Rash An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Tingling Lips Sign Of Seroconversion
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.