Jun 29, 2011
i work in the dental field i was working on a paient whose wife had hepatitis C and he hid this information from me and he says he doesnot have it( i dont trust him).so while i was working on him (with rubber dam) some of the water splatter from cleaning the cavity went into my eye it had no blood should i be worried.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not be worried about this possible exposure.
However, dentists usually wear protective eyewear/shields with all patient procedures so universal precautions are always best.
Bleeding gums and possible infection
- What Is The Leading Cause Of Aids In Africa?
- What Hiv Show Up In Routine Blood Work?
- The Average Time Span Between The Initial Hiv Infection And The Onset Of Disease Symptoms In Untreated People
- Getting A Prescription For Pep
- How Do I Get A Prescription For Serostim?
- Can You Die From Testosterone Deficiency?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.