|How much blood is required to infect
Jun 29, 2011
Hi Barbara, I have been searching the forums and cannot find out how much blood is required to infect a person. Does it take alot?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I don't think we have good data on how much virus is required to spread HCV infection.
However, I have worked with injection drug users who have used clean needles all the time and have only shared cotton or cookers and they have acquired acute HCV infection. This suggests that HCV is easy to transmit. Transmission may be also related to the level of virus in the infected person.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Cannot Wait 3 Months For Hiv Test
- Can You Get Hiv Because You Have Small Cuts On Your Fingers?
- When Genital Warts Fall Off Are You Still Contagious?
- What Is The Test Called Where They Check For You Chlamydia?
- What Is The Difference Between Shingles And Herpes?
- What Is A Natural Remedy For Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.