new medicine in pipe line

Hi Barb! hope you are doing good. I am a patient of hepa b positive. I have been using hepsara 10 mg once a day since nov. 2006 and all reports are okey. DNA is undetectable since 2007. Dr. advised to continue the med. until better solution come up. My questions, is their any new drugs are in pipe line which is more effective than the exiting,How long i need to take the med ( i was diagnosed with e positive). do you think some medicine will come up very soon to cure the virus, thanks again and wish your good health and long life, God bless you!

Congratulations on your virus suppression with Hepsera (adefovir). That is great news.

Although Hepsera is not as potent as some other HBV drugs, the drug has clearly worked for you and I would not suggest switching at present.

There are no other choices that cure HBV to date and no drugs in the pipeline that will "cure HBV". That being said, viral suppression with one pill a day is a terrific result.

Did your opinion change?
What about killing mosquito and then it bleeds on your palm?