Did your opinion change?

In my prior posts you mentioned to be assured that I did not have Hep C and HIV co-infection. You said based on the length of time for my symptoms and other factors that there was no way I could still have it and test negative. My feet and hands throb at night, my lower back hurts, I am itchy, my liver enzymes are elevated, I have a lot of upper right abdominal pains. I am very scared and believe that co-infection is causing these symptoms. In light of everything, what is your opinion?

The appearance of HCV or HBV virus always precedes any changes in liver function tests. So if your LFTs are up and there is no detectable virus, then you have an alternate cause of these test findings. You will want to discuss your symptoms with your doctor and get a thorough physical examination. For itching you will also want to check your total bilirubin.

Anti-HBs and Anti-HAV M Test
new medicine in pipe line