|Unclear Labcorp Results
Jun 14, 2011
The results of an HBsAG Screen came back as: "Confirm. indicated". Is a confirmation test *always* done for HBsAg screen, whether the initial is positive or negative? Or is a confirmation only indicated in the event of a positive initial screen?
Second question: does a positive on HBsAG mean the individual can transmit the virus to others?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Confirmation testing for a positive (reactive) hepatitis B surface antigen is always done.
A person with HBsAg reactivity has either acute or chronic infection. They can transmit virus if they have HBV DNA in their blood.
kindly give suggestion to me
abdominal pain and red spots
- How Long Does It Take To Get Hepatitis C Test Results?
- If I Don't Hear Back From My Doctor About My Hiv Test Results Is It Negative?
- Is A Black Sore Inside The Gum A Sign Of Hiv Or Aids?
- Does Routine Blood Work Check For Hiv?
- Will A Regular Blood Test Show Hepatitis C?
- Does Hiv Survive In The Open Environment?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.