Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Remering you my question sent yesterday
May 21, 2011

Hello Barbara,

Please ask my question as i am getting confused(1) I am hiv negative woman and my husband is hiv positive. Please help me is there any transmision if my husband will leck my vaginal and also I will leck his penis but he first wear a condom then i will leck it. (2) AND why I am so afraid to do sex with my husband I am not comfortable with him, I dont enjoy sex I don't know what to do please help me? (3) Is it a must my husband to put jel on the condom because I heard if there is no jelly on the condom there is a possibility of transmision is it correct message? (4) can we wash together clothes in washing machine (5) Can we sleep together everyday because i separated the bed.

Please help help, and God Bless you, thanks

Response from Dr. McGovern

Please refer your HIV questions to the HIV forum. I take care of hepatitis questions with and with HIV infection.

I will only say that a major study just came out showing that the risk of HIV transmission in couples who are discordant (one HIV+ the other HIV-) shows that HIV treatment reduces the risk by 96%...

http://www.iasociety.org/Default.aspx?pageId=5&elementId=13575

Previous
Hepatitis B or C from black spot on needle
Next
Hepatitis C

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.