Risk of HCV from popping pimple.
May 21, 2011
I want to know what you think the risk would be for getting HCV from touching recently dried blood and popping a pimple. The finger that popped the pimple(that bled a little) touched the dried blood. The safety officer at my job told me that would not be considered a risk and not to worry about it and there was no need to get tested. They said it has to be something like a needle stick to be a real risk. Would you agree?
Thanks very much
Response from Dr. McGovern
This does not sound like an event that I would evaluate with testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can One Get Aids From Practising Cunninglus?
- What Causes Severe Vaginal Bleeding, Large Clots, Chills, Shivering, Abdominal And Leg Pain?
- Long Term Side Effects Of Atripla
- Does Having Thrush Mean I Have Hiv?
- I Have Genital Warts Does That Mean I Have Aids
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Sharing A Razor?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.