Hep C concern....

I work in a prison and was undoing a set of handcuffs off an inmate. The inmate pulled away from me causing the handcuffs to scratch my finger. The scratch was small but did draw some blood. I was wearing latex gloves at the time, the cuffs did break through the glove. There was no visible blood on the handcuffs, so am I just being paranoid? or do you think there is a risk of contracting Hep C from that incident?

I do not consider you at risk for this incident. If there ever is a fight with blood to blood exposure - that would be a different story.

I have also included a link to our paper documenting HCV infection after a fistfight in prison.

Your answer confused me
About HBs positive