|Hep C concern....
May 21, 2011
I work in a prison and was undoing a set of handcuffs off an inmate. The inmate pulled away from me causing the handcuffs to scratch my finger. The scratch was small but did draw some blood. I was wearing latex gloves at the time, the cuffs did break through the glove. There was no visible blood on the handcuffs, so am I just being paranoid? or do you think there is a risk of contracting Hep C from that incident?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I do not consider you at risk for this incident. If there ever is a fight with blood to blood exposure - that would be a different story.
I have also included a link to our paper documenting HCV infection after a fistfight in prison.
Your answer confused me
About HBs positive
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Severe Vaginal Bleeding After Lifting
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.