Your answer confused me

I have almost every symptom of Hep C infection. Swollen stomach, 6 month elevated liver enzymes, major intense abdominal pains, headaches, fatigue, itchy skin. I don't understand when you said there is no way it is Hep C or HIV related. If HIV and Hep C co infection can delay antibody detection in both what makes you think I am negative when almost everything points towards Hep C infection? I have just about every major symptom you could possibly have for Hep C. What else could it be and what made you think that it wasn't in my case? This will be my last post, thanks.

I hope this explanation will help...It is impossible for you to have these symptoms for six months and not to have seroconverted by now. I have seen many many patients with acute HCV infection. The virus in the bloodstream usually is detected BEFORE the symptoms start. Antibody is usually positive by the time someone presents with symptoms.

Thus, I am sure you may have symptoms, but they are not likely related to viral hepatitis. If you had itchy skin from hepatitis for example, your bilirubin should be quite high. You did not describe abnormal liver function tests.

So see your physician for sure and see what else may be causing your symptoms.

follow up of Rhyna
Hep C concern....