chronic Hepatitis B w/ Baraclude treatment.

Thank you for your time! I have chronic Hepatitis B 410000000.0 IU/mL. My familly doctor gave me preciption Baraclude. However, my financial is unable to purchase this medicine after 6 months from today. Would it make my health worse? And do you have any advice for my health condition right now? Thank you very much!

These issues come up frequently.

I would suggest that you start entecavir (Baraclude) as recommended by your doctor to see if your viral load comes down. If it is working, your doctor can appeal by writing a letter to your insurance company.

If the insurance company does not want to pay, it may be possible to switch to a less potent drug if your viral load is very low on entecavir. One inexpensive agent is lamivudine, which would probably work well for "maintenance" (eg, keeping your viral load down after it comes down with a more powerful drug).

Hope this helps. You will also need monitoring of your liver function tests, your viral load, and your liver by ultrasound.

hepa b non reactive