May 16, 2011
good day i have question. the other day, i was accidentally pricked by a needle, which i found out that the patient is hepatitis B reactive. what i did, on the same day i got myself injected with engerix. also got a titer result is 140COI normal is 10COI. would like to ask i'm i safe? or do i need to have hep B immuglobolin? thank you so much for your help.
Response from Dr. McGovern
You should be protected with the titer of 140 if you are referring to your surface antibody titer.
Can HIV and HCV pass thru a welt in the skin?
Follow up to your response
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Nipple Sucking
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Top?
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Chlamydia Testing Ever Be Wrong?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.