|Blood Draw- Risk?
May 15, 2011
I have been tested for hepatitis c. The nurse used BD needle, vacuum tube and a tube holder. However, I did not check the needle. I am not sure whether the needle was used before me or not. As a result, I am killing myself due to anxiety.
I reckon that vacuum tube took my blood off. There was no injection of anything. Is the miniscule dry blood in the bore of the needle enough to infect a person if just touches my vein?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not worry about this event anymore. You are not at risk for transmission.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.