|Blood Draw- Risk?
May 15, 2011
I have been tested for hepatitis c. The nurse used BD needle, vacuum tube and a tube holder. However, I did not check the needle. I am not sure whether the needle was used before me or not. As a result, I am killing myself due to anxiety.
I reckon that vacuum tube took my blood off. There was no injection of anything. Is the miniscule dry blood in the bore of the needle enough to infect a person if just touches my vein?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not worry about this event anymore. You are not at risk for transmission.
How long does it take to get rid of Hep B
Can HIV and HCV pass thru a welt in the skin?
- Odds Of Infection Sex With Hooker Condom Broke
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Headache?
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.