hep b

i was diagnosed with hep b and i am taking ente hep medicne,my wife is negative and is taking hep b vaccine my question is weather after completion of vaccination can i still transmit the virus to my wife and can we have a baby?what are the chances that the baby will contract the virus...i am feeling normal and doing all normal work....how long can a person with hep b survive?

Your entecavir should help you greatly by suppressing the virus which will decrease your risk of liver disease - that is great news. You should have monitoring of your HBV DNA level while on treatment to be certain it is declining the way it should.

Your wife will be protected as long as she responds to vaccine. It is usually very effective, but I would have her be checked for hepatitis B surface antibody. As long as she is protected, she can't pass HBV to her baby.

Confused as to my HEPATITIS B CORE AB TOTAL Test Results
/ EXPOSURE TO HEP C POSITIVE PT