|Hep C test results after exposure
May 15, 2011
Hi Doctor, I had a HCV incident during oral sex when I noticed a bleeding cut on my penis (My gf has chronic Hep c). I was tested at 4 months and the results came back negative. Do you think 4 months is enough time for antibodies test or should I go and get tested again at 6 months? Thank you for this website and for all your help!!!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Routine serial testing for HCV includes up to 6 months However, the way you describe the episode, I have little concern over sexual transmission and feel comfortable saying you can stop testing now at 4 months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And HIV
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.