Doctor, I need you opinion and advise.

Doctor, I need you help am very concerned with my current situation. I am afraid that I have Hep C and HIV co infection. I have posted with Dr Frasciano as well and he has told me that after 38 weeks of testing that there is no way no how that I have HIV but can you please read my situation and respond. I have tested Elisa and Rapid HIV test negative out to 40 weeks after a risk incident. I have also tested HCV antibody negative out to 40 weeks after the incident. My symptoms however have me convinced that these are false negative results. I have had elevated liver enzymes for over 6 months now, persitant pain, discomfort in my upper abdominal area, belching, darker urine, itchy skin, my stomach feels and looks bloated and I have excess gas as well. My hands also go numb at night and I have a lot of lower back pain. I am showing almost every symptom of Hep C infection. I have been told that if you did not suffer from acute Hep C that the HIV tests are accurate but if the antibody tests for Hep C are not accurate because of coinfection then how can you rule out Hep C. Everyone I talk to talks in circles and it is frustrating. I believe my body has already told me the answer as nothing else could explain what is happening to my body. What do you think and suggest?

You may not be feeling well - I will not deny that.

But hepatitis and HIV are not the cause of your symptoms. That I can assure you.

You should continue to have evaluation of your liver function tests if they remain abnormal. One of the most common causes now for elevated liver function tests is fatty liver, which can be associated with obesity, diabetes or increased cholesterol/triglycerides.

contraction from a pin prick
Hep C test results after exposure