|open wound hepatitis
May 13, 2011
I was helping my friends mom put on her socks. I noticed she had some sores on her legs and I have cuts on my hand from falling a few days earlier. I wasn't sure if the sores were bleeding or not since i was just helping her with her socks i didn't notice anything, but I am worried because as I was leaving my friends house she told me her mom has Hepatitis. Could I have Hepatitis now?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Without seeing blood mixing with your blood, I would say no risk.
Hiv Meds 1st Time
contraction from a pin prick
- Can Hepatitis Be Transmitted By Air?
- Could A Hepatitis B Vaccination Cause A False Positive Result In An Hiv Test
- If You Have Hiv Should Your Skin Turn Dark?
- How High Are Liver Enzymes In Hep C Patients?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Hiv From Woman To Man?
- The Percent Of Hiv Worldwide Caused By Prostitution
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.