blood splash to eyelid and possible eye as well as lip

could i be hiv positive? i had a blood splash to my eyelid and possible eye as well as to my lip last august.at the time of exposure patient status was unknown. i went on PEP about an hour later but never took it for the entire 4 weeks. my baseline was negative but i have not done any follow up tests because am scared to death. could i be hiv positive? i had the flu recently with a persistent sore throat caused by group A strep. please i need advise, am terrified. my lip was intact at the time of splash but the eye that am concerned about was itching me before the splash and i had rubbed it rather hard. the splash of blood was from an air bubble that popped.

Please refer your HIV questions to the HIV forum.

I would not expect you to be HIV infected based on this exposure. However, you should always follow up with your employee health service for testing whenever you are started on PEP. Your recent illness was probably related to strep.

Home/rapid HIV & HCV tests in Canada
hepatitis b