WORRIED SICK

Hi, first I really appreciate all of the work you put into this site. I just have some questions about hep c. I have a huge fear of contracting this disease and can't seem to kick it. There is not a lot of info on how it seems to be spread. I am a very active person and often cut myself on wieghts, or other hard surfaces when out. Is that a risk?

My second questions - My biggest fear is that I work in a restaurant where I am required to buss and clean up after other peoples food and messes. Often times in a rush I will cut myself on a used knife or scrape myself on something. My fear is that the dirty food and utensils/glasses might have blood on them or maybe the saliva and bacteria from other people is infectious. The cuts are not normally huge but will slightly bleed. I am worried sick about this and can't shake it. Is this a risk?

THANKS! I am overly cautious about my health and need to let this disease go. I wish I never had googled it!

Continue to work out - it is great for your entire health. Would not expect risk from any blood born exposure.

Your bussing of tables should be safe.

hiv and hep c coinfect
Home/rapid HIV & HCV tests in Canada