|Hep C exposure and puffy eyes
May 7, 2011
Hi Doctor, I have a family member living with HepC. I am very nervous about getting it from her. a few times I have come into contact with her blood on my bare hands (no cuts) I was told not to worry and the risk is low. For the last 3 weeks I have had these bags under my eyes that look puffy, is it possible I could have gotten HepC and the puffy eyes are a symtom of a sick liver? Please help, last time I was tested was last June 2010 (negative).
| Response from Dr. McGovern
This symptom would not make me consider HCV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Identifying A Hepatitis Mouth Sore
- Chances Of Getting Hiv After One Sex Encounter
- Can I Get Hiv By Drinking Out Of The Same Glass As An Infected Person?
- Possibility Of Getting Hiv From Spitting In Food
- List Of All Symptoms Signs And Illness Associated With Hiv
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Ulcers And Herpes Simplex 1?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.