HBV

Recently dx with HBV, 25+ yr healthcare worker. Level was 1.88. Dr did not prescribe meds. What level would be considered chronic? What is the time frame from infection to a positive high lab value? Is it possible to pinpoint the "infection date"?

The only way to date the infection is if your hepatitis core IgM was positive - that would mean recent infection.

If your surface antigen remains positive for six months, you have chronic infection.

To see how active it is, in six months I would get HBV DNA testing to see if you are viremic (have virus in your blood). You will also need liver function tests.

Hepatitis c saliva
Can my daughter have contracted hep c from swallowing mucous ?