Hepatitis c saliva

I work in the dental field and recently cut myself with a blade contaminated with the saliva of a person with Hepatitis C. The wound was fairly deep. What is my risk of contracting the disease?

There is really no good data to guide you here. I will say that there are some papers that have found HCV in saliva, but we don't know if HCV would be transmitted to you through the cut from this body fluid.

I would discuss with your employee health person or with your doctor for baseline testing and follow-up testing to be on the cautious side. I would guess that the risk is very low - but not zero.

Need Help on My SGPT values ***** No Simular Question In Archives ***