HIV & HBV coinfection symptoms

I was recently diagnosed with HIV & HVB in January 2011. I've had swelling in my feet, ankles and calves for almost a year now accompanied by hives & dark red rash covering my legs, feet, torso & forearms. I've been on the combination Prezista, Truvada & Norvir for about three weeks now. I've been feeling a lot better since being on the meds but the swelling and rash have not gotten any better. Is the swelling and rash/hives from the HIV or the HVB and how long being on the meds should I start to feel & see a difference or starting to subside. I have my next appointment with my HIV doctor on May 10th..

I am not sure what the swelling and rash is from quite frankly. This will need careful examination and perhaps a skin biopsy if your doctor can't tell what it is from by looking at it.

You are on a good combination for your HIV and HBV infections. Truvada combines two medications into one pill that are dually active against hepatitis B and HIV - tenofovir and emtricitabine. You should monitor your HBV DNA virus level as well as your HIV level to see if the drugs are working as they should - and I am certain that they will.

cunniligus
Need Help on My SGPT values ***** No Simular Question In Archives ***