Hepatitis B treatment

I was diagnosed ad Heb B positive since 1999. My diagnosis has been chronic hepatitis B e-antigen negativity, previously low HBV DNA and normal ALT but the latest test showed a marked increase in hepatitis B viral copies to greater than 10 million which equates to 1.4 million international units. A rise in my ALT to 83 iu/L has been noted. This was from the latest test in July 10. Three weeks ago, I started treatment with Temofovir. I feel fine, but these results have scared me. Any words of comfort?

Your doctor has made a decision to treat you for your HBV infection based on level of viremia and perhaps concerns about chronic viral hepatitis. Tenofovir is a potent drug for HBV and to date has NOT been associated with ANY drug resistance. That is truly remarkable.

Continue to monitor your HBV laboratories and you should also get a blood test for alfa feto protein and imaging with an ultrasound every 6 to 12 months.

Your sex partner should also be tested and if negative should get vaccinated against HBV.

You should also get vaccinated against Hepatitis A if you are negative.

everyday sharing of food
hiv ag/ab test negative after 6 months