|Worried about My Child and Husband contracting HCV
Apr 26, 2011
My mother has Hepatitis C. Recently at a party she kissed my daughter on the cheek directly where my daughter had a rather red pimple. Then later she kissed my husband who had recently shaved and had a few nicks, although none were bleeding. My question is this, what is the real possibility of them contracting the virus, if say my mother had some blood in her saliva?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV is not transmitted through kissing. If that were the case, most of the country would be infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Touching Used Condom Worried I Have
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Topping Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.