Apr 24, 2011
got prick from a spiny cactus pear while shopping in a fruit store i bled a little and i always get scared when i prick my self because of blood borne disease and it could be someone else got prick from same fruit while picking fruits so need your thoughts about if i could be exposed to hvc,hbv in any way
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not consider you at risk and would not recommend testing.
Cleared Hepatitis C over 14 years ago
Autoimmune Hepatitis and HIV
- Few Turn Positive After 6 Week Negative Hiv Test
- Is Thrush Connected To Vaginal Yeast Infection?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Whey Protein And Herpes
- What Happens If You Don't Treat Herpes?
- What Can I Use To Stop Itching From Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.