Cleared Hepatitis C over 14 years ago

I had acute Hepatitis C over 14 years ago and cleared it. I was told back then that it was not contagious but that I should not/could not donate blood. Could I still be contagious? Should I be taking other precautions? I see alot of information posted on precautions to take but I believe that is for chronic hep c. If I am not contagious why can't I donate blood?

You are not contagious to others because you do NOT have virus in your blood.

However, your blood will not be accepted by blood banks as a general rule because no HCV seropositive patient is acceptable in the entire US and other countries in the world. Furthermore, just because you cleared it once, doesn't mean you would clear it again if you re-exposed yourself to HCV and got infected again.

Confusing TEST please help?
hbv,hcv