Confusing TEST please help?

My friend has a test result that makes no sense to me. It says exactly: HEPATITIS C AB 0.05 < 1.0 NR NONREACTIVE Not infected with HCV, unless recent infection is suspected or other evidence exists to indicate HCV infection

Anyway, I know there is such a thing as signal to cutoff ratios, but what do the numbers mean, exactly...like she had .05 bits of Hepatitis in her, but not enough to call positive??? So confusing. Also, if she had been exposed to an infection in the past, would this type of test still show positive for antibodies? I know s/co ratios are used to determine likelyhood of HCV RNA, but what if she had cleared the infection? I would hope that this test would still detect previous infection. Thank you,C

There is no evidence of HCV based on the laboratory testing for that particular laboratory.

The signal to cutoff ratio is the threshold for when a test is termed positive.

This test is very accurate and only misses persons who just got infected in the past few weeks. In acute infection the test turns positive within about 12 weeks for the majority of patients.

Bloody cigarette?!? Pls help relieve stress!!!
Cleared Hepatitis C over 14 years ago