Bloody spit in my eye.

I was talking to a friend of mine who is hep c + and she accidentally spit in my eye. At the time i didn't think much of it and did not wash my eye out. I want to point out that she did have a small cut in her mouth, which she pointed out to me after the incident. Am i at risk, if her spit had even a speck of blood in it and it entered my eye.

Also, if I have been infected, how long after being infected can one infect others? Just coz i would want to protect people i live with by not sharing nail clippers etc...

Thanks a lot.

I strongly suspect you will be fine. It is rare for transmission through the mucous membranes of the eye to occur. And you were not splashed with blood....just a concern about a drop of blood.

If you want to pursue testing you can, but I wouldn't be recommending it.

Hep B Core Ab IgM positive & HbsAg screen -negative
what kind of doctor treats hepatitis c