Hep B Core Ab IgM positive & HbsAg screen -negative

My Hepatitis Panel showed the Hep B Core Ab IgM to be +positive and the HbsAg to be -negative. My Dr. said that this means that I was recently exposed within the last 6 months & that I am now and will continue forever to be able to infect others. I am confused as what I am reading online indicates that when this infection clears I will no longer be at risk to transmit it to others. Also, the Hepatitis B Foundation shows a chart on their site in which the above results is shown to be "unclear" with several interpretations possible. Any help that you could provide is greatly appreciated. I am especially unclear about the risk of transmission to others. Thank you so much!

I would continue to get testing to see if your hepatitis B core IgM turns into a IgG...If this happens, I would be convinced that yes, you just had hepatitis B infection...

However, I already think you will not be at risk for transmitting in the future, because I expect you to resolve your infection. The reason I am so positive is based on the fact that:

a) most adults clear their hepatitis B infection b) you have already cleared your hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg)

I would just follow your serologies. Once you have seroconverted (eg, gained core IgG antibody and gained surface antibody) then you will not be infectious. This should happen over a period of weeks to months.

Increase platelet count
Bloody spit in my eye.