SIFILIS,MONOTHERAPY,FAILURE

HI MY DOC HAS PUT ME ONTO MONOTHERAPY KALETRA,DECIDING TO TAKE THE TRUVADA AWAY DUE TO BOTH HIP REPLACEMENTS,NOW AFTER 3 MONTH HE HAS SAID THERE WERE COMPLICATIONS AND WILL RETURN TO TAKING TRUVADA,ALSO HE HAS JUST DIAGNOSED ME WITH SIFILIS AND I HAD THE FIRST BOUT OF PENICILLIN TODAY AND FEELING TERRIBLE IN BED WITH CHILLS AND SEVERE HEADACHES( IS THIS AFTER EFFECTS OF THE PENACILLIN?) MY DEFENSAS DROPPED FROM 370 TO 250 AND 60 COPIAS PLUS,I HAVE BEEN POZ FOR 5YRS NOW N MY DEFENSAS HAVE NEVER RISEN ABOVE 370? I AM STRUGGLING HAS I LIVE ALONE N GOT NO FAMILY TO APPROACH ONLY 1 FRIEND WHO OF COURSE HAS HIS LIFE,PLEASE COULD U ENLIGHTEN ME HAS TO Y HE DID THIS AND AM I GOING TO HAVE RESISTENCE TO THE TRUVADA? AND THE EFFECT OF THE PENICILLIN THANKOU KINDLY MARK

For the future, please send your questions to the HIV forum.

Briefly, I will just say that you will need drug resistance testing in order to pick the best regimen for you. In light of your bone issues, you should ask your doctor if you are a candidate for Epzicom.

Also for bone issues, I would suggest checking for calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D, testosterone, and thyroid function to see if there are any other laboratory abnormalities associated with bone loss.

As for your syphilis, you should contact your doctor if you are still having chills and headache. This might be related to your syphilis, or to your treatment (Jarish Herxheimer reaction)

Did my friend get hepatitis from blood on a cigarette?!!!
HBS POSITIVE