Did my friend get hepatitis from blood on a cigarette?!!!

Dear Dr. McGovern,

My friend needs help! He bought a lucy (single cigarette) from a store and after having it in his mouth for a while trying to light it several times he was successful but then when he looked at his cigarette, there appeared to be blood on it on the part you put your lips. He looked in his mouth and could find no cuts or blood so then he started freaking out wondering if the blood was on the cigarette before. His lips also tend to be chapped and dry. If it was blood on the cigarette--again a lucy (meaning not in a wrapped box)--can he get ANY TYPE of hepatitis from the blood on the cigarette? Please, please please answer this question if you can! He's freaking out!

I would not consider this a risk even if there was a drop of dried blood on the cigarette because the exposure is the lining of the mouth. It is hard to imagine mixing of blood in this way.

Hepatitis c sharing a cigarette and marjuana cigarette