Hepatitis c sharing a cigarette and marjuana cigarette
Apr 17, 2011
Hi I recently and regret sharted a cigarette and marjuana pipe with someone who has hepatitis c. I was wondering what if the likelyhood of contracting the virus.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I wouldn't consider you at risk.
Intranasal cocaine use - with sharing of straws - is considered a possible route of HCV transmission because with recurrent use, cocaine can erode the nasal passages. Thus, the normal protective layer of the lining of the nose is disrupted and can bleed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Sharing A Pipe?
- After Five Months Is An HIV Test Conclusive
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.