|A question about Hepatitis C Transmission.
Apr 17, 2011
The other day I popped a pimple at work. Where I popped it at some people had been working earlier with some blood samples. I didn't see any blood on the counter where I had touched and then popped the pimple. My question is what are the odds of me getting HCV from dried blood maybe getting on my finger and then popping a pimple? I know the blood was also more than three days old in the test tube also if that makes a difference.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I wouldn't consider this a risk and would not recommend testing.
how risky of sharing food with hepatitis b positive?
- How Effective Are Swabs When Testing For An Std?
- Are Lymph Node Swelling Ringing Ears Vision Change Signs Of Hiv?
- Are There Rare Hiv Infected Who Don't Develop Antibodies?
- Can I Catch Aids From Kissing With A Mouth Ulcer?
- Can I Catch An Std By Kissing A Woman's Breasts?
- Can You Have Molluscum Contagiosum And Not Have Growths?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.