|A question about Hepatitis C Transmission.
Apr 17, 2011
The other day I popped a pimple at work. Where I popped it at some people had been working earlier with some blood samples. I didn't see any blood on the counter where I had touched and then popped the pimple. My question is what are the odds of me getting HCV from dried blood maybe getting on my finger and then popping a pimple? I know the blood was also more than three days old in the test tube also if that makes a difference.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I wouldn't consider this a risk and would not recommend testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Causing Joint Pain
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
- Can You Have Vaginal Delivery With Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.