Apr 3, 2011
Hi, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have hepatitis HBsAg screening and the result was non-reactive. But a medtech says that this was not sufficient because I may still be reactive with Hepatitis A and need to undergo another testing of Hepatitis A. Is this true? Thanks for your help
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis A is a completely different virus and requires a different blood test if there is concern for this. HAV is transmitted through contaminated food and water.
Safe Cleansing of Earrings
how risky of sharing food with hepatitis b positive?
- Achy Balls After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.