Apr 3, 2011
is hepatitis b curable?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
We don't use the word "cure" for HBV. We are very good at suppressing virus, but there is always a risk of it coming back, even after viral suppression with good medications. The only persons who are at low risk of recurrent viremia are those who lose HBsAg and gain HBsAb. However, this occurs rarely.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Fever A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is White Tongue An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.