|type 2b normal viral load
Apr 3, 2011
I just found out I have type 2b hep c. My blood work says hcv rna, pcr 81 H (<43 IU/mL) and hcv rna quant, pcr 1.91 H)<1.63 logIU mL) What does this mean?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You have VERY low levels of viremia. I would wonder if it is possible you were recently infected and might be clearing the infection on your own.....
Please follow up in about 4 weeks to determine if you cleared....If not, you should have further testing to determine if treatment is necessary. I would want to make that intervention before 12 weeks have passed.
HOwever, this news is so good, I expect that spontaneous clearance is more likely.
Occupational exposure, would really appreciate your opinion!
Dried blood on clothes
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Hiv Cause Low Lymphocytes?
- Can My Boyfriend Give Me Mono Through Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.