hiv and hcv coinfection

Hi, thank you in advance for helping me.

i feel i have been coinfected from an assult that occured recently. However my tests show up negative for hiv and hcv out to 3 months. All antibody tests except for one pcr dna hiv test. I feel that the longer it takes for this to show up then the longer it will take to treat these conditions. Should i use more pcr tests or is it a waste of time since they are not approved and need to be backed up anyway.

BTW i think my insurance will not pay for pcr's because they are not approved.

Thanks much

These negative test results are great news. Most would recommend further follow-up, but the chance that they will come back positive at a later date are low.

Take comfort in the results and I would definitely NOT pursue PCR testing.

co-infection HIV and HCV , delay window periode
Occupational exposure, would really appreciate your opinion!