|21 days later - negative result
Apr 3, 2011
Can I take away any comfort from a negative hep B test 21 days after a potential exposure? If I want to be positive that I am clear how long should I wait for a 2nd test?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B surface antigen will be detected in most patients by 4 weeks, although the outside range is 9 weeks. Thus, it is looking good for you, but you need further follow-up.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cephalexin Cure Chlamydia
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.