|21 days later - negative result
Apr 3, 2011
Can I take away any comfort from a negative hep B test 21 days after a potential exposure? If I want to be positive that I am clear how long should I wait for a 2nd test?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B surface antigen will be detected in most patients by 4 weeks, although the outside range is 9 weeks. Thus, it is looking good for you, but you need further follow-up.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Shingles Sign Of HIV Infection
- HIV Risk After Sex With A Prostitute
- Dark Bumps After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Dry Cough After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.