ggt and risk?

Hello Barbara! I'm writing to u from spain since the doctor here seems to ignore what's wrong and they take forever to really treat u unless u're almost dying since the health system is free. I'm a healthy heterosexual 28 guy who only had mono about a year ago. I've always been careful with my couples and never dropped the use of condomn. However in october a brazilian girl gave me oral sex and there was a little stain inside the condomn that seemed like lipstick and didn't pursue anymore...ever since i've had stomach serious issues...constipation, diarrhea, farts,etc. My GGT is 3 times the normal value and the ALT slightly elevated (10 pts) I've tested neg for hep B, HIV and IGg ab for HEP C. My question is simple...they say they dont need to test me for IGm ab since this is only used 4 acute infection and my liver enzymes would be to the roof along with other markers...another doctor friend told me hep c doesn't produce any remarkable changes on lab tests in the acute phase...so? any piece of advice???? I'm feeling worst and worst every day...

Thanks!

I would not consider you at risk for HCV from the exposure you describe.

However, to clarify issues related to HCV testing....

There is no such thing as an IgM antibody for HCV infection to tell you that someone has acute disease. That test only exists for Hepatitis B.

The diagnosis of acute HCV is somewhat tricky and often depends on checking a new positive HCV antibody to a negative test in the recent past. As always, we also check for HCV RNA to see if the patient has virus in their blood, even if the antibody is negative, since the first lab test to become abnormal is the HCV RNA test....followed by abnormal liver function tests....followed by HCV antibody.

That said....I would not consider you at risk based on your history.

Hepatitis B
How soon after exposure can you start treatment(hep c)