Mar 29, 2011
i want to know how to evaluate the following results
hbsag reactive anti hbs non reactive (1.83 vs 10, the cut off value) anti hbc Igg reactive hbeag non reactive anti hcv non reactive
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If your Hepatitis B surface antigen and your anti-HB core are both reactive, then you have chronic hepatitis B infection.
I cannot tell however if it is active or inactive. You need to get some liver function tests and a HBV DNA test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.