Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please be compasionate and help me- ANSWERS NEEDED
Mar 29, 2011

I am 34, unmarried and straight but have never had insertive sexual intercourse,I rather have had two brief cases of receptive oral sex and on the 7th of January I had my only real risk, Here is my story, I met a very very beautiful girl and I was so excited about her and because she walked at the National assembly and looked very decent, I guess my brain blocked the risk evaluating side of it and I let her grind on my shaft with her vagina for about three to 5 minutes or even less by the time I realized what was going on pulled away.Too late the tip of my pennis was already wet with her fluid.

I have been sick of very bad anxeity ever since, I have aching chest and waste pain, rumbling and aching tommy/bladder,head aches and neck pain but the one that almost killed was that I had something like a swollen lymph node at the right side of my neck, right where my jaw joins my neck and it was not visible. The swelling and pain was gone in just about 4 to 5 days from the day that I noticed it. I know all these symptoms look like HIV symptoms and thats what scares me but I also know that these can develope as a result of anxeity. I had a rapid HIV at the 73rd day from exposure and that was negetive. That on the 21st of this month and the doctor sent mer for a blood work for other STDS and she included a repeat of the HIV test,the test is yet to come out. It would be 90 days on the 7th of April and the posibilities scares me so bad and puts me under pressure.

I know all I need to calm me down is a negetive test at the 90 days mark. I know you are very busy but please ADVICE ME, WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF HIV FROM THIS EXPOSURE OR COULD I BE SUFFERING FROM JUST ANXEITY. Thanks for your answer and God bless Tony Jose Cape Verde

Response from Dr. McGovern

Please forward your HIV questions to the HIV forum. I answer hepatitis questions and HIV questions related to hepatitis.

However, to reassure you, I do not consider you to be at risk and expect your HIV antibody test to be negative.

Previous
hbc,hcv
Next
can i get pregnant if......

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.