MY CD count is meagre 4. Am i on right path.

hello Doc,

I am 45 years female and i am tested HIV positive in Jan 2011. I have been having severe cough,severe body iching, itching in Genital areas for the last 4 years. Doctors in my country treated me for vaiours conditions except for HIV+ and TB. Now i am diagnised to have been affected by Mylaria Tuberculosis and HIV+. ( with CD Count of meagre 8)I have been put on drugs for TB and i am told until the opputunistic infections are treated i will not be given medicines for HIV+. As of now i am weak and hardly walks for 3 minutes.Along with Wokit4 for TB am put on High protein Drink called Resourse. May i request you to explain me wheteher i am given right mrdical care... I am from India.

Please direct your future HIV questions to the HIV forum.

However, it is very important that I tell you that your doctor should read the abstract that was presented at the HIV meetings in Boston last month at the following website: http://www.retroconference.org/2011/Abstracts/41152.htm

If you have HIV with a CD4 count of 8 and you have been diagnosed with TB, you should start your HIV medications WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF YOUR TB MEDICATIONS, as long as you are tolerating them. Please show your doctor my important message.

hepatitis c
Routes of entry