Mar 27, 2011
screening came back reactive, what does this mean
Response from Dr. McGovern
A reactive HCV antibody means that you were exposed in the past. However, it doesn't tell you if you cleared the virus or have chronic infection. For this, you need to check for virus itself (HCV RNA)
- Acute Hiv And Stomach Symptoms
- Will Chlamydia Show Up On A Urine Culture?
- White Bumps On My Tongue Is This Herpes
- What Type Of Doctor Removes Genital Warts?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.