Mar 20, 2011
anti HCV result is border line.what does it suggest? while patient index value is 2.61 and cutoff value is 1.000
Response from Dr. McGovern
False positive of ELISA antibody testing can occur. If you are at risk of HCV infection, then I would get a HCV RNA test.
If you are at low risk of HCV infection, then I would get a RIBA test, which is much more specific.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Condom Slipped
- Do People Get HIV From Open Wound?
- Do People Get HIV From Receiving Oral Sex?
- HIV Risk After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Broken Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.