Mar 20, 2011
anti HCV result is border line.what does it suggest? while patient index value is 2.61 and cutoff value is 1.000
| Response from Dr. McGovern
False positive of ELISA antibody testing can occur. If you are at risk of HCV infection, then I would get a HCV RNA test.
If you are at low risk of HCV infection, then I would get a RIBA test, which is much more specific.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From In A Hot Tub?
- Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia In One Day?
- Incurable Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.