For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Hep C testing

How long does it take for Hep C to show up on a blood test? i never used illegal drugs, but my ex boyfriend did and he had hep c. we never had sex only oral (him on me). what are the chances i would get it?

I would not advise testing based on this exposure.

If you have never been vaccinated for HBV, you can discuss this with your medical provider. HBV is spread through unprotected sexual intercourse. The vaccine works great and has few side effects. You should also ask about the price and whether your insurance covers it. I only mention it for future protection.

Remember to always have safe sex to protect yourself from all STDs.

heptitis b(india)
Anti HCV